Electric Sit Stand Workstation Adjustment at Your Fingertips
Sit Stand Workstations (sometimes called desktop risers) have always been about helping people get more movement without forcing them to give up their current desk. But up till now all the good sit stand workstations have been operated with levers and knobs. Ergotech is changing that with their new One-Touch line of electric sit stand workstations/desktop risers. Move from sitting to standing with the simple touch of a button.
The One-Touch line boasts a weight capacity of 100 pounds and a 20-inch range of vertical adjustment making it the strongest and most adjustable riser we've seen to date. These risers sit flat on your desk with no special installation required.
The Ultra Specifics
The One-Touch Free Stand comes with a 13"x36" main worksurface and can support up to two 22" monitors on stands, or two iMacs up to 27" if you get the Apple version. It also comes with a secondary worksurface that sits flush against the front edge of your desk. The secondary worksurface is available in two sizes. Choose the 13"x36" size if your desk is 30" deep or the 17"x36" size if your desk is 34" deep. You can mount the One-Touch Ultra either through a grommet hole or by clamping it to the back edge of your desk.
The One-Touch Ultra received a four out of five stars from WorkWhileWalking.com's expert review team. Read their review here.
Monitor Mounting Options
The Ultra base model is designed for you to be able to fit one or two monitors, on their stands, on the unit's upper work surface. However, we recommend using one of Ergotech's monitor mounting kits. These kits allow you to mount VESA-compatible monitors to the riser and gives you the ability to adjust your monitor height independently from the height of your worksurface. This ability is a staple of ergonomic workstations.
Monitor Kit Options for One-Touch Ultra:
- Single Monitor Mounting Kit- Free up space on that upper worksurface by mounting your monitor to a VESA plate. This add-on brings the benefit of independent adjustability to your riser. Recommended
- Dual Monitor Mounting Kit- Mount two monitors up to 30" on your unit instead of one
- Triple Monitor Mounting Kit- Mount three monitors up to 27" side-by-side on your unit
- 1-Over-3 Monitor Mounting Kit- Mount four monitors on your unit, with one monitor sitting over a row of three monitors. Works with monitors up to 27".
- Four Across Monitor Mounting Kit- Mount four monitors up to 21" side-by-side on your unit
Don't need so many monitors? Try the One-Touch Free Stand.
Make it Yours
The One-Touch risers feature a number of optional upgrades:
- LED Task Light- This light attaches directly to the One-Touch system and is powered by a standard 120 volt power outlet
- Laptop Tray- Turn your laptop into an additional screen by mounting it on your riser with this accessory
- Power Outlets- Installs into your riser allowing you to plug in multiple devices at once time right at your workstation
- Mounting Brackets- Add some extra stability to your workstation by clamping it to the rear or front edge of your desk