Sit Stand Electric Adjustment at Your Fingertips
Sit stand workstations have always been about helping people get more movement without forcing them to give up their current desk. But up till now all the good sit stand workstations have been operated with levers and knobs. Ergotech is changing that with their new One-Touch line of electric sit stand workstations/desktop risers. Move from sitting to standing with the simple touch of a button.
The One-Touch line boasts a weight capacity of 100 pounds and a 20-inch range of vertical adjustment making it the strongest and most adjustable sit stand workstation we've seen to date.
The Free Stand Specifics
The One-Touch Free Stand comes with a 13"x28" main work surface and can support up to two 22" monitors on stands, or two iMacs up to 27" if you get the Apple version. It also comes with either a dropped keyboard tray, or a secondary work surface that sits flush against your desk top. The secondary work surface has an area of 10"x28". The Free Stand sits flat on your desk with no special installation required.
The One-Touch Free Stand received a four out of five stars from WorkWhileWalking.com's expert review team. Read their review here.
Monitor Mounting Options
The Free Stand base model is designed for you to be able to fit one or two monitors, on their stands, on the unit's upper work surface. However, we recommend using one of Ergotech's monitor mounting kits. These kits allow you to mount VESA-compatible monitors to the riser and gives you the ability to adjust your monitor height independently from the height of your worksurface. This ability is a staple of ergonomic workstations.
Monitor Kit Options for One-Touch Free Stand:
- Single Monitor Mounting Kit- Free up space on that upper worksurface by mounting your monitor to a VESA plate. This add-on brings the benefit of independent adjustability to your riser. Recommended
- Dual Monitor Mounting Kit- Mount two monitors up to 30" on your unit instead of one
Want more monitors? Check out the One-Touch Ultra.
Make it Yours
The One-Touch risers feature a number of optional upgrades:
- LED Task Light- This light attaches directly to the One-Touch system and is powered by a standard 120 volt power outlet
- Laptop Tray- Turn your laptop into an additional screen by mounting it on your riser with this accessory
- Power Outlets- Installs into your riser allowing you to plug in multiple devices at once time right at your workstation
- Mounting Brackets- Add some extra stability to your workstation by clamping it to the rear or front edge of your desk